Clinics & Services
Baby and Child Healthcare
These are carried out at the Surgery by our Practice Nurses, by appointment, Monday to Friday. If you need any advice on immunisations for your baby, Reception staff will be pleased to arrange for a nurse to telephone you.
Baby & Young Child Health Clinics
For help and advice with all aspects of child health and development and for information on local Children's Clinics please ask at Reception.
Health Visiting Team – enquiries telephone 0300 7900243
Maternity care is shared between GPs and our midwife.
Booking clinics and regular antenatal checks are carried out here at the Surgery and appointments can be made at reception.
Please see your GP as soon as possible if you think you are pregnant. We offer shared care where we look after you before and after the birth but ask the midwives to deliver your baby in hospital. If you are considering a home delivery please speak to your midwife or GP early on in your pregnancy.
We carry out minor operations here to deal with skin lesions, warts, abcesses, etc. Please arrange to see your usual GP in the first instance to discuss.
Practice Nurse Services
- Immunisations and advice for travel
- Cervical Smears
- Routine checks such as blood pressure or weight
- Taking blood and administering regular injections
- Ear syringing
- Removal of stitches and assisting GPs with minor surgery
- Children's Vaccinations
- Health Promotion - The nurses are the backbone of our health promotion activities and can help with stopping smoking, weight loss, healthy heart and well person checks. Nurses also run their own clinics, managing patients with asthma, COPD, diabetes, heart disease and family planning.
- Young Persons Health Checks - Appointments for health checks are available specifically for teenagers at their 16th birthday. It comprises of blood pressure, height and weight checks, will ensure vaccinations are up to date and offer basic health advice. www.foryoungpeople.co.uk
- Over 75's Health Checks - Appointments for health checks are available specifically for the over 75's, comprising blood pressure, urine test, and basic health advice
Are you a carer for a relative or friend? Carers First come in to the surgery on the 3rd Wednesday of the each month. Carers can book an appointment via reception to get expert advice on making sure that they are getting all the support to which they are entitled.
Other Services Available in the Kingswood Room include:
- Physiotherapy Service – all day Monday & Tuesday every week
- Ultrasound clinic 1st Thursday of each month
Both of the above services can be accessed by a referral from your GP.